12 Signs You Have A Hidden Mold Illness

Probably most of you have heard that mold in the home or workplace can cause severe health complications, but far fewer people are familiar with the specific warning signs to look for in order to determine whether you’re at risk or not.

In order to prevent mold from growing, The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) advises people to dry wet areas within 24 to 48 hours.

Mold is capable of growing and thriving in walls, flooring, ceilings, and furniture, and airborne mold is often the most dangerous because this is how usually spores enter the human body. However, mold spores can also be absorbed through the skin, such as when someone touches a surface and then touches their face or an open sore.

Even if you don’t live in a humid or wet climate, please read the list below to ensure that you and your family remain healthy and safe. If you experience some of the following symptoms, you could be exposed to mold.

1.Muscle pain not related to known strains

Muscle pain that can’t be traced to a specific cause can be a sign of mold illness. It doesn’t matter where the pain is, but muscle cramps tend to be sharp, intense, and oftentimes they resemble the feeling or pin pricks.

2.Digestive issues

These can include stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea or a small appetite. Even though these symptoms can cause you lose weight (which you may welcome), mold illness often causes weight gain.

3.Twitching, tingling, and/or numbness

That sensation of pins and needles when your hand falls asleep after you’ve had it in an awkward position is the tingling sensation that people suffering from a mold illness have reported.


Damp homes can even result in damp moods since mental illness is oftentimes connected to poor living conditions. This makes sense because psychological stress is normal when someone doesn’t have much to control over their home environment or air quality. Be sure to do whatever you can to reduce sources of moisture – add houseplants to help filter the air and utilize fans to circulate air better.

5.Breathing issues

Some of the most commonly reported signs of a mold illness are difficulties with breathing. Some of the respiratory diseases that are associated with mold exposure include asthma, allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, sinusitis, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

Being unable to breathe deeply, struggling for air, coughing, wheezing, or sinus problems are all likely symptoms of mold illnesses. Consult a medical professional if you have a concern about your potential exposure to mold.

6.Sensitive eyes and headaches

Redness in your eyes, itchiness, or blurry vision may be related to mold illnesses. Some people are sensitive to mold as an allergen, which prompts their immune system to start working more when they are exposed to it. If your symptoms are similar to hay fever or seasonal allergies and are accompanied by a headache and other symptoms of a mold illness, seek medical attention and explain your concerns to your doctor.

7.Excessive thirst

Your body will feel like it needs to consume more water when it’s exposed to dangerous mold, so try to keep track of how much water you’re drinking, if you’re drinking more than you usually do, and if you’ve done anything else that might explain why you’re unusually thirsty.

8.Excessive urinating

It comes as result of excessive drinking.


If you notice a part of your body shaking inexplicably, consider consulting a doctor in order to determine if you have been exposed to mold. There may be other explanations that you’re unaware of, but regardless, it’s worth finding out what the cause really is.

10.Weight gain

As mentioned above, mold illness is capable of causing weight gain. Although there could be another reason why you gain weight without eating more food than usual, it is still worth it to get checked out regardless of the specific cause.


If you’re experiencing dizziness on a regular basis, it is always worthwhile to see a doctor about this as well. It could be a sign of a mold illness or it could be a sign of any of a number of other underlying health issues.

12.Metallic taste in mouth

This is a strong sign that you may have a mold illness. Although there could be other explanations, there are far fewer for this symptom in comparison to those mentioned above. Be sure to visit a doctor and find out what’s causing this abnormality.

How to reduce your risk of mold illness

Below are some expert tips that can help you to reduce you and your family’s risk of mold exposure:

  • Use exhaust fans
  • Fix any leaks in your home
  • Use central A/C with a HEPA filter
  • Improve the air flow through all your rooms
  • Lower your indoor humidity so it is below 50%
  • Make sure rainwater drains away from your home
  • Prevent mold and mildew buildup in your bathrooms, basements and laundry areas
  • If you use a dehumidifier, be sure to properly clean the reservoir at least twice a week to prevent any mold growth.

Source: http://www.healthiestalternative.com

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.